Dear Parent/ Carers,
I am sure you will have all seen the many media reports about Coronavirus in the UK and now in Hampshire, and many of you will be concerned. I can assure you that we are taking the situation seriously but that we do not need to cause undue alarm. It is important for the children that we remain calm, sensible and work together as a school community to follow the national guidance.
The advice to us from Public Health England and Hampshire County Council remains the same and is as follows:-
1) Where a suspected case has been in a childcare or educational setting, there is no need to close the setting or send other learners or staff home.
2) Even if there is a confirmed case in your childcare or educational setting, in most cases, closure of the childcare or education setting will be unnecessary and advice would be provided by Public Health England.
3) As always, everyone should continue to promote good hand and respiratory hygiene:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze, then bin the tissue and wash your hands (or use a sanitiser gel).
• Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
The Department for Education have set up a Coronavirus helpline (
Please be assured that when there is a confirmed case, Public Health England (PHE) use the method of contact tracing to prevent the infection spreading further. Please see below to link below to find out more about contact tracing: