End of Term
Thursday 22nd July
RE: End of term
It is very nearly the end of our school year and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the children, staff and governors for all their hard work. This past academic year has been extraordinary. I recognise how challenging and difficult it has been for children learning at home during the lockdown periods. It has equally been very hard for the children and staff to persevere with bubble arrangements for the entire year too. We are very proud of all our children and how they have coped especially those in Year 6 who will leave us this week. These children now have the independence, confidence and good manners to go on to secondary school. We look forward to saying goodbye to them at our leavers assembly at 9:30am tomorrow. We ask that parents try to maintain social distance and avoid crowding. Masks are optional as we will be outside on the playground. Children in Year 6 may leave with their parents after the assembly. The rest of the school will leave at the normal end of day times.
Our children’s first day of term in September will be Monday 6th September. Important information regarding how the school will operate in the autumn will be sent in a letter before we start back. If your child tests positive for Covid 19 during the school holidays there is no requirement to inform the school unless this is just before the start of term. Please also remember our school uniform will be expected in its entirety in September.
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with the new Wootey badge.
- Grey trousers, skirt or shorts
- White shirt or polo shirt (optional to have this with a school badge)
- White or grey socks for girls or grey tights. Grey or black socks for boys.
- Option to wear navy blue and white gingham dresses in the summer. Separate gingham blouses or skirts are not permitted.
- Children can wear small hairclips or bows. However, large Jo-Jo bows are not acceptable.
- Black shoes or all black trainers (Trainers that contain large logos or alternative coloured soles are not acceptable.)
I wish everyone associated with Wootey Juniors a very happy and restful summer holiday.
Mr Tim O’Brien